Gumasta License is a mandatory registration that must be obtained in order to conduct any type of company in Mumbai and Maharashtra. The Gumasta license was secured under Maharashtra’s Shops and Establishment Act. Every person who starts a business in a state or in Mumbai must get a Gumasta license under that state’s Shops and Establishment Act.
The Shop and Establishment Act is different in each state. As a result, the shop and establishment Gumasta license differ by state. The general provisions of the Shop and Establishment Act are uniform throughout all states. The business owner, on the other hand, must get a Gumasta license under the Shops and Establishment Act of the state in which he operates.
About Shop and Establishment Act
The Shop and Establishment Act of the Ministry of Labor controls all aspects of running and maintaining business centers and shops in India. It regulates and establishes all laws that allow commercial organizations, associations, charitable trusts, printing presses, and hotels to continue to operate.
This establishes rules for working hours, employee compensation, vacation plans, hiring guidelines, and leave. To operate, manage, and maintain a business enterprise in India, you’ll also require a shop act license.
Gumasta License Mumbai & Maharashtra
It is a document that grants you permission to conduct business in a specific location. Gumasta license is a basic necessity for any business to be recognized by the government or a bank, regardless of whether the firm is run by a single individual or a large corporation.
Gumasta license assures that your business can grow without too many hassles, and it is required for opening a current account or obtaining a bank loan in the Mumbai City. Obtaining GST registration in Mumbai and Maharashtra is impossible without Gumasta license.
Steps to be followed:
- This registration form can be completed online at https://lms.mahaonline.gov.in/. Create a new account by entering your e-mail address, password, and other details under ‘Create Employer User Account.’
- Log in to your account on the https://lms.mahaonline.gov.in/ website when it has been created.
- On the left side of the page, click the ‘Shops and Establishment Registration’ tab, then ‘Registration Form A’.
- Fill out the ‘Registration Form A,’ add your documents, pay your fees online, and send it in.
- The Registration Certificate will be emailed to you once the form has been approved, or you can download it by signing into the website and clicking on ‘Download Registration Certificate’ on the right side of the screen.
Within 30 days of commencing the business, the Area Inspector must receive the Registration Certificate.
Important documents required for Gumasta license registration procedure in Mumbai
|General/Sole Proprietorship||Partnership||Private Company|
|Aadhar card/ Pan Card/ photo||Partnership Deed||Memorandum and Article Of association|
|Address proof (like Electricity bill)||Partnership Firm’s Pan||Certificate of Incorporation|
|Application Letter in the prescribed format||Partner’s ID proof – Address and Identity||Company Director’s ID proof – Address and Identity|
|Authority letter for business||Prescribed Fees for a partnership Firm||–|
|Proof of ownership of Property||–||–|
Benefits of registration
- After completion on registration process thee applicant is eligible to avail the benefits of tax subsidies from Maharashtra State Government.
- It acts as a legal proof which gives you right to run your own business with the knowledge of the state.
- For any successful business to run these days requires bank account and for creating such business bank account the applicant needs to furnish Gumasta License.